Thought for Meditation
HOW DO I MATURE IN MY FAITH?
Presented by the Men’s Study Group
Paul, in Corinthians, says that when we are first saved,
we are babes in Christ. So what can we do to become adults?
One way would be to do daily devotions.
One of our members goes to a quiet place in the morning, reads the bible and the
booklet, OUR DAILY BREAD, and then prays. He is then prepared for the day.
He believes in the last lines of the poem, SECRET, by bishop Cushman, “You must meet God in the morning if you want Him through the day”.
Your daily devotions could be:
1. Reading the Bible and praying
2. Reading the Bible, using a commentary which describes what the scripture means and praying
3. Reading the Bible, using a commentary, praying and using spiritual leaders and pastors that comment on how the scripture applies to you.
Some of the latter on the internet are:
1. Quiet Walk
There are about 350 different devotionals in the following categories:
Devotions by Your Favorite Pastors Devotionals for Men
Devotions for Spiritual Growth Lifestyle Devotionals
Bible Reading Plans Worldview and Culture
Classic Devotions Weekly Wisdom
The Persecuted church Devotionals for Easter
Family Devotionals Devotionals for Thanksgiving
Devotionals for Christmas
2. Turning Point by Pastor Dr. David Jeremiah
3. Guideposts www.guideposts.org
4. Max Lucado - Daily Devotionals www.maxlucado.com
You will grow in faith as you do daily devotions.